1.06.2012

Holy Croutons

Gary LOVES his croutons. I mean LOVES. Perhaps more than he loves me. I know, crazy thought.

To continue with my desire to eat healthy, we had salad for lunch today. Caesar salad is Gary's favorite so I was super excited when I picked up all the ingredients for this yesterday. The one thing I purposely left out? Croutons. They are sooo gosh darn expensive and just plan gross. Instead, I used what we already had in the house - bread. Easy enough!

Vanessa's Homemade Croutons

Couple slices of bread already in the house
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Italian Seasonings (oregano, basil, parsley, etc)
Salt & Pepper


Preheat oven to 450F. Place foil in the baking sheet for easy clean up. Rip up or cut your bread slices to desired shapes. (I prefer the organic shapes :)) Drizzle oil, seasonings, and s&p over the croutons and lightly mix them up to make sure each piece is covered. Place in oven for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. I didn't quite keep track so make sure to watch it the first time through.

Once done top over your salad!!



The amount of croutons I prefer...

The amount of croutons Gary prefers...

No comments: