1.17.2017

What's for Dinner {40} - Three New Recipes that were DELISH!

I just finished eating one of the new meals I made the other day and HOLY COW.

It was soooooooo good.


I've been saving these recipes on Facebook for so long and though I'm happy that I've finally started making some, I really should have started sooner. That being said, I'm going to share the recipes that I've really liked. Because I gained a bit of confidence to try these new recipes due to the Tasty videos, I'll embed those as well! Hopefully, they will inspire you too!


One-Pot Lemon Garlic Shrimp Pasta by Tasty on Buzzfeed 


8 oz linguine
2 T olive oil
8 T (1 stick) unsalted butter
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp crushed red pepper
1¼ lbs large shrimp
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp dried oregano
4 c baby spinach
¼ c Parmesan
2 T parsley, chopped
1 T lemon juice

1. In a large pot, boil water and add pasta. Cook until al dente. Drain and set aside.
2. In the same pan, heat olive oil and 2 tablespoons of butter. Add garlic and crushed red pepper, cook until fragrant.
3. Toss in shrimp, salt and pepper to taste, and stir until shrimp start to turn pink, but are not fully cooked.
4. Add oregano and spinach, cook until wilted.
5. Return cooked pasta to the pot, add remaining butter, parmesan, and parsley. Stir until well mixed and the butter is melted.
6. When the shrimp are cooked, add lemon juice, mix once more, then serve while hot.
7. Enjoy!


I changed this a tiny bit and then accidentally left stuff out in the end but it was still really good. I probably won't do this too often because it uses so much butter. I didn't end up doing this as a one-pot meal. I prefer to cook the shrimp a lot longer so we cooked the pasta separate so we could utilize the time better. I forgot to put in the parmesan and parsley but it was still good without it.


One Pan Salmon and Veggies by Goodful


2 lb small red (or yellow) potatoes, quartered
4 T olive oil
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
4 cloves garlic, minced
4 T lemon juice
2 T fresh thyme
2 tsps ginger
2 salmon fillets
1 bunch (roughly 1 lb) asparagus

1. Preheat the oven to 400˚F.
2. Cover a sheet pan with foil or parchment paper. Spread out potatoes on the pan and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt, pepper, 2 cloves of garlic, and 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Bake for 30 minutes.
4. Make salmon glaze. Combine salt, pepper, 1 tablespoon thyme, 2 garlic cloves, ginger, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. Mix well.
5. Remove potatoes from the oven and push them to the top or side of your pan. Place your salmon fillets on the pan. Brush both sides of the salmon with the glaze.
6. Place asparagus on the pan and top with 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of thyme on the asparagus and potatoes.
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes. (The salmon should flake easily with a fork when it’s ready.)
8. Enjoy!


This was a super simple recipe to make so I definitely recommend making it. I ended up using frozen salmon so it wasn't the best salmon I've ever had but it was still okay. I couldn't find any ginger to use so I left that out. I also needed to cook my salmon a bit longer because it wasn't fully cooked through by 12 minutes. I think I went a few minutes more. I also used a lot less potatoes because I wanted to limit the amount of carbs/starch I eat.


Weekday Meal Prep Pesto Chicken and Veggies by Goodful



2 T olive oil
4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
1 lb green beans
2 c cherry tomatoes, halved
½ c basil pesto

1. In a large pan, heat olive oil and add chicken. Season with salt and pepper. When the chicken is completely cooked through, remove from pan, slice into strips, and set aside.
2. Add green beans and cook until crisp tender. Return the chicken strips to the pan, then add tomatoes and pesto. Stir until fully incorporated.
3. Serve immediately or divide into 4 food storage containers and store in the refrigerator. Can be kept refrigerated for up to 4 days.
4. Enjoy!


This is the one I LOVED. I added red pepper flakes and a little more salt and it pretty much blew me away. I can't wait to eat it again! 

No comments: