2.25.2014

Recipes from the Past {8} - Meatball Stroganoff

I tried this recipe in early September and have yet to post about it! I know, I know. Tsk, Tsk. Give me a break though - I got a new job, was pregnant........

......and lazy. There, I said it.

This recipe was actually quite good, but if I could change one thing about it, it would be to use real beef broth. I am coming to the realization that I really don't like to use the store-bought chicken or beef broth. The flavor is whack. I actually cringe when I think about it. Regardless, the store-brought beef broth is what I used and it wasn't too bad. I had it as leftovers for daaaays!

Meatball Stroganoff adapted from Menu Musings of a Proud American Mom



Homemade meatballs (enough to cover the pan, just freeze the rest!) oh, and no mozz balls!
1+ Tbsp EVOO
2 c. beef broth
1 1/2 tsp parsley, oregano, basil (dried)
S&P to taste
1 c. sour cream
4 oz reduced fat cream cheese
1 c. heavy whipping cream
Wide egg noodles - I think I used a whole bag

1. After you've made your homemade meatballs, brown them in olive oil. Deglaze pan with beef broth and bring to a boil. Season with salt, pepper and dried herbs.

2. When it starts to reduce, add sour cream and heavy whipping cream.

3. Meanwhile, cook egg noodles to al dente. Add to the simmering sauce. Let the mixture cook together until it reaches your desired thickness.

4. Eat for days unless you have 8 people in your family :)

No comments: