2.26.2014

Recipes from the Past {9} - Pumpkin Cheesecake Shooters

I really enjoyed being pregnant in the fall. It wasn't uncomfortably warm or uncomfortably cold. It was lovely. Also lovely = anything pumpkin. I craved it sooooooo much. I typically do regardless of being pregnant but man, it tastes so much better when you are!

I found this recipe on Pinterest and on a whim one night in October, decided to make it.  

Best.Idea.Ever.
I do recall that while I was absolutely overjoyed to make desserts during that time, I had zero ambition to make dinner. Sorry Gspice....and my hips.
3 (1.5 oz total) whole chocolate graham crackers **I only had the cinnamon kind
4 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 c pure canned pumpkin
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
3 tbsp dark brown sugar, unpacked
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cinnamon
8 oz light whipped topping **I didn't buy enough so I had to go a little light on this. I think it would have tasted even better with the actual amount needed


Crush graham crackers in a food processor (You think my pregnant self got that out? Yeah, I didn't. Crush those bad boys yourself!). Set aside.

In a large bowl beat the cream cheese until smooth with an electric mixer. Add the pumpkin, vanilla, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg and cinnamon. Beat until well combined and creamy.  Use a spatula to fold in 5 oz (1-1/2 cups) of the whipped topping; combine until no streaks remain. Place in a piping bag or ziplock bag with a corner snipped off.

To assemble: Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of graham cracker crumbs on the bottom of each shot glass. Pipe a layer of pumpkin cheesecake onto the graham cracker crust (about 1 tbsp) followed by a layer of whipped topping (I also couldn't do this part). Repeat a second layer and finish with another sprinkle of crumbs. Insert small spoons and refrigerator until ready to serve.
 


No comments: