9.02.2019

What's for Dinner {47} - Lazy Salsa

I was first introduced to this incredibly easy salsa back in October 2017 when I did my first Whole30. I was looking for simple recipes that I could make that month and this one was an instant hit. It was fast to make and only included three ingredients plus s&p. Can't beat that!

I used it mainly for my breakfast during Whole30 but now I use it for tacos, breakfast burritos, and a blended salsa if I'm feeling fancy.







Lazy Salsa

  • Tomato
  • Cilantro
  • Habanero pepper
  • s&p, to taste
Instructions

  1. Chop everything up to the size you want; I like to make everything pretty small. I also only use the seeds of the habanero. Be careful to use gloves or not touch the inside of the habanero. If you do, anything you touch with burn like crazy!
  2. Combine in a small bowl
  3. ENJOY!


I sometimes couldn't find habaneros in any grocery store in Decorah. It was really annoying because I wanted this salsa on so many occasions. Sadly, no other pepper measured up so I often went without my beloved lazy salsa. That's where this next ingredient came to save the day. I simply just pour a teeny tiny amount of the Pickle Creek Prairie Fire Infused Olive Oil into the mixture and it's another show stopper!


No comments: