1.19.2013

Recipes from the Past {7} - Griddler Chicken

This is by far the most requested recipe from my husband. I first made this for my mom and I up in Minneapolis and luckily decided it was good enough to make for Gary a few months later when he finally joined me up in the cities. To this day, he basically asks for this once or twice a week. In my opinion, it goes best with Velveeta Macaroni and FRESH corn, which is then cut off the cob*.

*Gary had never tried corn cut straight from the cob before. Life Changing.

Recipe from the Past {7} - Griddler Chicken
It's called Griddler Chicken because we only make this using our Cuisinart Griddler (best wedding gift EVER!)

from March 2011


3-4 chicken breasts, trimmed of any fat
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
1 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
1 shallot, chopped finely
3 cloves of garlic, minced
Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients in a large zip lock bag and mix thoroughly; add chicken and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours (I prefer overnight!) Grill meat about 4-5 minutes on each side or until juices are running clear. Let the meat for rest a couple of minutes before cutting it.

Enjoy.


No comments: