7.03.2010

What was I thinking?

I have some good ideas once in awhile.  Today, however, was not one of those days.

When I woke up this morning, I made a personal goal to go walking/take some pictures before the end of the day.  By 7pm I was ready.  I thought, "perhaps I'll walk to whippy dip and back"  Well, when I reached the bridge right before whippy dip, I turned to walk on the dike.  Then I thought, "perhaps, I'll walk on the trail up ahead."  Well, I walk into the trail and there's bugs and it's a little hotter since there's less wind.  I then think, "perhaps I will only go for about 10 minutes."  25 minutes later, I'm still on the stupid trail.  At this point I'm fairly intrigued because I had never gone that far before so I just kept walking.  I eventually ran into the highway.  Yeah, highway 52.  "why not walk to gary."  So I preceded to walk ON THE HIGHWAY (both 52 and 9) to visit Gary.  He was surprised :)  It was cute.  Then I got some bad news.  Gary didn't drive so I had to walk all the way back to Baker.  Bummer.  By 9:15p I was back home but gosh I was tired.  Good thing I had my air conditioning on full blast.



2 hours and 15 minutes later I had walked just over 5 miles.  What was I thinking?  I did get some good pics out of the walk and also a really tasty ice cream cone. The cone however leaked allllllllllllll over my hand and pant leg.  I was a sticky hot mess.

My favorite picture of the walk:



the end.

No comments: