2.18.2014

Little Mr. {Three Months}

Crazy to think that our little goober is now a quarter of a year old. How did that happen? This month went by so incredible fast but also incredibly slow. So much transition and sickness - not a fun combination but somehow we have all made it through.

The month started out really well. I went to work and Owen went to daycare. He has lots of new baby friends, I believe two other little boys and maybe five girls. I love to drop him off and pick him up because I get to see all the different stages of baby - from Owen who can't really move much, to babies feeding themselves - I'm fascinated. It's so exciting for me to see that but it helps me really appreciate where Owen is right now. I don't find myself thinking about him walking and talking as much. Even over the course of the last couple of days I find myself really missing Owen as a squishy newborn. Dare I say that I may want another one already? Don't worry, I'm only kidding. For now.

Then week two hit. Bam. I got sick. Owen got really sick. And eventually Gspice got sick. And then Mommy had another mother of a meltdown. Watching Owen progress to a really low point was the hardest thing to watch. We tried our best to keep him as comfortable as possible and feed him as much as we could but it was hard. Owen got super congested and seemed to completely lose his appetite; he started to lose lots of weight and then got a fever that seemed to last for daaaaays. After a couple of doctor appointments and his symptoms getting worse, we confirmed RSV but were able to keep him at home for observation. Ever since, Owen has gotten a little better every single day. Not quite fully recovered, but we're getting there. I love the days when I can't hear any congestion but it does come back every once in awhile.

Now, two weeks later, Owen is busy smiling, cooing and talking, getting stronger and stronger and GROWING! I feel like Owen got so tall this month. I was able to confirm today what his stats are and am all giddy with excitement that he's getting a ting bigger each month. I do miss his squishy newborn-ness, but I love his growing little body too. I can't wait for the leg rolls!

One huge highlight of this month - everyone at daycare gets to see how happy of a baby Owen is. We always believed it but they reaffirm that he is such a happy baby. Just today he got the "Gold Medal of Happy Babies" from one of his caregivers. So sweet!

Ok, since I totally teased about it above, here are Owen's stats:

Newborn (11/16/2013)                  
Weight: 7 lb 9 oz           
Height: 20 1/4 in

2-Week Appointment (12/2/2013)
Weight: 7 lb 12 oz
Height: 21 in

2-Month Appointment (1/14/2014)
Weight: 10 lb 9 oz
Height: 22 7/8 in

3-Month-Mommy-wants-a-weight-check Appointment (2/18/2014)
Weight: 11 lb 5 oz**
Height: 24 in

**Owen weighed in at 10 lb 9 oz on the Friday after getting sick. He obviously lost weight during the week he was really sick and that's what drove me to my mommy meltdown. I felt sooooooo bad and honestly had trouble processing what to do when we brought him home. Luckily Gary was there to help me and we got him to eat a lot more that weekend. So much that he gained four ounces by Monday! And then gained eight more ounces over the course of 15 days. I'll take it!




Catch up on Owen's First Year!
ONE  |  TWO  

No comments: