1.11.2011

Pencil Skirts and Cool-Aid

I just had THEE strongest craving for cool-aid. It sounds sooooo refreshing doesn't it??

I finally have good news to report. After practicing great patience, I have heard back from LMP. I got an interview!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had been pretty confident since applying just under a month ago but yesterday, I couldn't help but mope around. I just had this dark feeling inside that I wouldn't get a call. Luckily, I didn't have to drive Gary too crazy because around 2 something, I got the call. I was much too excited to call back right away, instead I cried :) This job is beyond perfect for me. I HAVE to do well in these interviews!! I have to.

In preparation for my interview on Friday, Gary helped me pick out what to wear. We decided on a pencil skirt, a nice light blue ruffled button-up and my grey flats. HOWEVER, I woke up in a frenzy this morning thinking about that silly pencil skirt. What if that isn't formal enough? The reason why I thought it would be okay last night was because my vision of the national staff is in LSM camp mode, not LMP professional mode. Should I wear my suit instead? Gosh, so many decisions. Maybe I'll wear the suit to the first interview with the executive director and if I make it to the second round of interviews which will be with staff members that I've worked with before and know well, I'll wear the pencil skirt....

Lastly, thank you AGAIN and many times over to my precious Gary for putting up with me. I love you!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

hmm, what to wear...i was told when i interviewed for my new job that I started in August to wear a top that they would remember. So don't just wear a suit jacket, put something under it that makes a statement, so they will remember you. I would shy away from the skirt if it's short.
and Kool-Aid sounds good!

vanessawiest11 said...

good idea! I'll have to go through all my clothes right now! Also, the skirt goes past my knees but it's a dark demin color which is why I'm a little weary of it...