3.30.2011

Love you out loud!

It's official. I am now Vanessa Wiest. It's been a looooooong time coming and it's finally here. I had such a fabulous week before the wedding with Gary here in Minneapolis and then a WONDERFUL few days in Decorah FOR the wedding. I can't believe it's now almost a week later and that I've been back at work for two days already. And that Gary is already back in Decorah. I feel like I'm holding back tears literally every second but I cannot be more happy at the same time.

When I first met Gary, I knew that he was special and from there, I thought about him quite a bit. From 2005 to 2008 before we started dating, I always had him in the back of my mind. I know now that I always loved him but didn't let myself believe it until we began dating in July 2008. It only took a couple of weeks for me to even say I loved him. It felt so real and natural. We knew very early on in our relationship that we wanted to marry each other. It's amazing how we felt so strongly for each other. I remember the butterflies I felt and my wanting to hug and kiss him all the time. I don't feel those butterflies anymore but that is just fine with me. Now that we're married, I feel truly connected to him in such a deeper way than before. This by far surpasses butterflies. I'm going to make myself cry just thinking about it :)

Though I had fun thinking about our wedding, it wasn't nearly as much fun as actually seeing it all come to life. I had for so long dreamed about the colorful candles, fruit displays, the coloring pages for the kids....I just didn't realize it would all look so AWESOME! Everything came together so nicely and honestly, went perfectly. Though we stayed up really late both nights before our wedding, I knew without a doubt it would be perfect because of this:


Yes, I knew our wedding day would be perfect because I woke up BEFORE my alarm. I LOVE waking up before my alarm. There's nothing better. Wait, there is :) It was perfectly beautiful outside (with the exception of the degree...) I wasn't so sure of being outside when it was so cold but my word, the sun was out to play. I LOVE sunshine and cannot wait to see all the photos we took. We were out on location for 99% of our photos :) We'll get the rights to all our photos so I will post those as soon as we get them.

As far as the ceremony/reception go, I couldn't quite escape my Hotel Winn persona but I thought it was a blast. We had a lovely, simple ceremony that was filled with fun stories, some happy tears and our FIRST KISS as a married couple. I really can't wait to see photos of that :) Below are some of the only photos I took at our wedding.

6 out of 8 children at our wedding. SO CUTE!!!!!

Making it official :)

After the reception died down, we opened gifts. I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised at how awesome our gifts have been. I was completely prepared to receive lots of mismatched towels, off the wall items we'll never use, and those silly typical wedding gifts. Did we receive many of these items? NOPE. Here are some of the most memorable gifts:



I love you, Gary, but hurry up. I can't wait to be able to hug and kiss you whenever I want :)

No comments: