3.26.2014

What's for Dinner {22} - Sexy Pork Chops

I wouldn't necessarily call these chops sexy but I couldn't help but keep up the tradition from whose recipe I followed. They were pretty good looking...


Gary and I don't make pork often. I can't even remember the last time we did. Why, I really have no idea. For whatever reason I feel like it's a "special occasion" type of meat. After this recipe, that's going to change. I definitely want it more often than that! One thing I do suggest is to have a meat thermometer handy. That is the true way to insure you've cooked it to your liking. Otherwise, I'm 100% sure I would've seriously under or overcooked the meat.

Like I mentioned before, pork is a special occasion meat. My special occasion this time? My mom was in town to babysit Owen AND Bridget was coming up to join me for the awesome Pentatonix concert at Luther. I wanted to treat them to a nice meal while in town and I think it was a hit! I was a little rushed so I forgot to take any pictures. Next time!



Sexy Pork Chops aka Sautéed Pork Chops with Lemon-Garlic Sauce from The Mountain Kitchen

Sexy Pork Chops: TheMountainKitchen.wordpress.comIngredients:

*(4) 1″ thick Pork Chops
*salt & pepper
*2 tsp olive oil, divided
*2 cloves garlic, minced
*1/2 c white wine
*1/2 c low-sodium chicken broth
*grated lemon zest and 1 T lemon juice from one lemon
*1 T chopped fresh parsley
*1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary

Directions
Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tsp oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork and cook, turning once, until pork is browned and internal temperature reaches 145˚F. Transfer pork to serving platter and cover to keep warm.

Add remaining tsp of oil to skillet. Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until garlic is fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add wine and broth. Increase heat to high and cook, stirring to scrape up browned bits from bottom of the skillet, until liquid is reduced by two thirds, about 5 minutes.

Remove skillet from heat and stir in a little salt and pepper, lemon zest and juice, and herbs. Serve pork chops drizzled with sauce.

No comments: