12.27.2017

Holiday Cheer 2017 {2} - Santa Sightings!

As you could tell from Holiday Cheer 2017 {1}, we really lucked out with the Santa Sightings this year. There are quite a few events for kids to see Santa in Decorah and the ones we ended up going to produced amazing photos! Both boys decided it was okay to sit on the Big Man's lap and Owen also was willing to talk Santa's ear off. And Jack, well he was just damn adorable!

Christmas in the Union
We took the boys to Christmas in the Union for the first time this year. It's an annual event with cookie decorating, music and Santa photos that I fondly remember from my college years. However, with our crazy boys, throwing ourselves in the midst of chaos is not always fun so it took me until now to feel comfortable going with them. Though Jack didn't want to take a photo with Santa, they both enjoyed getting to eat their dinner in my office, pick out what to put on their frosted cookie and make a big mess while eating it. I didn't end up taking a photo of Owen on Santa's lap because the SAC office was taking photos. Unfortunately, they have not uploaded those photos yet but I assume they will be up soon!




Decorah's Holiday Parade
I made it my mission to ensure both boys made it to the parade this year. Knowing that it's a rush between picking the boys up from daycare and the boys finishing their dinner, we made a mad dash type of dinner. Let's be real, that's just a plain ol' sandwich but it did the trick. Thankfully, it wasn't nearly as cold as it was last year and the boys enjoyed being able to get really close to the parade by standing on the street. Afterwards, we headed to T-Bock's Upstairs and stood in the really long line awaiting their turn with Santa. That being said, it was totally worth it! The setting was really well thought out and made the photos that much more special. The boys were just the icing on the cake. Owen gave us such a sweet smile and Jack was smitten. #icant











Sunflower Daycare Holiday Party
I flew solo at the daycare holiday party this year so I spent time in both boys' rooms. I went to Owen's Owl room first and helped him make two adorable snowman ornaments. He was super eager to see Santa but even more so to eat the snacks. After Owen had his fill and then some, I dropped him off so I could go see Jack. Again, he was super sheepish but still do darn cute. Jack got to enjoy some snacks too but then decided to play his the gift he got from Santa instead of making an ornament. So, while I didn't stay in his room that long, I call this a success!










No comments: