12.29.2017

Holiday Cheer 2017 {4} - Best Toys for High Energy Kids!

It's no secret to anyone that knows us that our boys are loud, high energy and very active. They eat like grown men on most days but are skinny little green beans. I know that our boys need a ton of activity in their days so with the cold and snow approaching, I wanted to make sure we got Christmas presents that would benefit everyone. The boys could use up all of their energy and we could keep our sanity!

Here are the best toys we could have gotten this year and if you have any high energy/active kids or adults in your life, I highly suggest you get these asap!

Hopper Balls
I didn't expect to laugh as hard as I did when the boys were bouncing along on their Hopper Balls. These are those typical bouncing balls but are kid-friendly at only 18 inches. Owen was a natural and bounced  around all over the place. At first, Jack couldn't get on the ball by himself let alone figure out how to bounce. However, after I deflated the ball a little, he figured it out. And as I think about watching Jack bounce around, I can't stop laughing. He's just this little tiny tot bouncing along. Too cute!




While our house is pretty small, I see some bouncing challenges in our future. However, hopefully Jack figures out how not to fall flat on his face...



Stomp Rockets 
This was by far the boys' favorite gift. There's simply nothing better than stomping and seeing  the rocket soar through the air. The boys each got two rockets and got to take two turns before switching out. Surprisingly, they both handled this really well and waited patiently for their next turn. Owen's main goal was to stomp as hard as possible and make the rocket go super high or into the tree. Jack struggled a bit with the stopping because he isn't nearly as forceful as his brother but he still had a lot of fun.









Puzzles!
Obviously, this isn't a high energy activity. However, this is what the boys wanted to do when not playing with the stomp rocket or bouncing around. I am really, honestly overjoyed because this is such a great activity. It keeps their attention and teaches them to problem solve and to keep trying. All things that are good to teach our kids, right? 







Scooters
Owen got a scooter for his birthday and I didn't plan on getting one for Jack yet. However, when I saw that it was $30 off, I jumped on that deal. We haven't yet taken these out of their boxes but I definitely anticipate some high energy fun with these! I also bought them helmets but we need to make sure they fit properly first.

No comments: