12.28.2017

Holiday Cheer 2017 {3} - Family Photos!

We decided to do our annual family photos in August this year. We typically get them done in the fall when the grass is a little brown and subdued but it was really fun to get them when the grass was still so vibrant! I try to get different color profiles each year and this year didn't disappoint! Thanks again to our favorite local photographer, Brittany Todd, for another set of great family photos!

And I just want to say--if you haven't gotten family photos taken in awhile or at all, I highly encourage you to get some taken. When Gary and I got married, it wasn't a priority for us but since having our boys and having them so close together, I very much look forward to this every year. If money is tight, you can have a friend do them for you.

We opt to do mini sessions with Brittany, who also offers the rights to the photos she includes in the session.This is important to me because I don't print a ton of photos but rather, use them in photo books. Having the rights allows me that flexibility. Mini sessions tend to be cheaper and isn't a big time commitment with sessions at 20-30 minutes tops. I also like mini sessions because I do not to expect perfection. I want us to get true photos of the boys and their expressions and that's best done in a short time frame so that they don't melt or throw tantrums. One thing I will try to keep in mind is that taking photos after daycare isn't the best idea. #WILDandCRAZY

In the future, we will likely spring for a normal, longer session if we have more kids but the mini sessions suits us perfectly for now!











No comments: