12.17.2018

Reacting to My Favorite Song from Greatest Showman

Have you seen the Greatest Showman yet? If not, please do yourself a favor and rent it for your viewing pleasure. Back in July, I jumped on the Greatest Showman train myself and have been completely enamored with the music ever since. I love, love, love nearly all of the soundtrack and have been listening to it on repeat for the last six months.

I have even come around to the songs that I didn't really care for in the beginning. This was partially because the boys ask me to play Rewrite the Stars (which of course, I love!) and the one with the pony, which is Come Alive, the song I didn't really care for. Well, of course now I do! It is absolutely darling to hear them sing parts of the songs!

And bless my wild boys' sweet little hearts, they even ask me to sing. Imagine my entire heart melting and me squeezing them with the biggest bear hugs. For years they haven't wanted me to sing. Sure, it bruised my ego a bit but I would almost always stop singing if they asked. Like the Moana soundtrack - I LOVE it but they never wanted to hear me sing it. I think all that changed when they heard me belt out Let It Go from Frozen earlier this year. Since then, I've been allowed to sing. And it truly melts my heart when a song comes on that I'm not currently singing, they ask me to start. So sweet!!

Anyhoo, the first song I fell for was Never Enough. I heard it first during the movie and I was beyond smitten. If ever this is made into a musical, I will try out with this song. I feel that I should also say here that I am now, very recently, smitten with Tightrope, which was one of the songs I never really cared for. However, when I belt that song, I feel that this one fits my voice even better than Never Enough. Hmmm...maybe I could try out with both songs!

I'll keep this short and sweet because really, you just need to go watch the movie if you haven't already. And also, go get the soundtrack. It's pretty amazing.

Also, picture me running on the treadmill listening to this song and having the same reactions as the vocal coach in the video below....yes, I probably looked a bit awkward.

music starts at 1:08

No comments: