12.28.2020

Holiday Cheer 2020 {2} - Homemade Decor

Let's talk decor. I've never been one to do much holiday decorating and this year is no different. In fact, we put up our tree on Christmas Eve. This has more to do with a brand new puppy who likes to chew on things but I did have an itch to do one rather big decor project. I teased about it earlier this month...


Want to know what I made???? GLITTER CHRISTMAS TREE CONES! I saw these on Pinterest and knew I needed these in my life. If you know me, I love color so these fit right in. I had hoped to find a few colors and sizes of cones already made. Sadly, I only found one. Can you guess which one that is? 

Personally, I think it's fairly obvious but I don't think I did too bad here. The taller blue cone was bought from the store and the rest I made using a similar method as The How To Mom with one big difference. Instead of buying the paint and painting plain paper, I opted to use colored paper.

If you are interested in making these yourselves, be warned. There is a ton of glitter but overall, it was a fun project. I first traced the cone shapes and cut them out. It took a bit for me to figure out the best way to roll them up because it was a thicker paper but I just taped them up (a lot!). After sorting all of my glitter and sequence, I had to spread glue all over. If you move quickly, you can smooth all of the glue and pour the sequence and glitter all over. I used a smaller/medium sequence and two sizes of glitter. The smartest thing I did was put down a piece of cardboard that I just folded up at the end. I practically had no glitter issues after that!








I'm pretty happy with the outcome and I might just leave them up all year round! I'm sure Gspice will make me put them away but for real, I think my next project will be a couple of the colorful bulb wreaths!

Did anyone else decide to make some homemade decor this year? 

No comments: