12.19.2011

Sweets & Treats {1}

I feel so behind in my blogging, I'm beginning to feel guilty. I have had so many good ideas for blog posts but seem to forget about them when it's about time to blog. SORRY. I've made some fun recipes lately but they've fallen a little short of my expectations.

The first was not a dinner, but a dessert. I had been craving pumpkin for so long so I thought it'd be fun for Gary and I to make a cute little dessert to bring to our Thanksgivings. They were super fun to make and tasted fine. They just weren't spectacular. I wanted them to be so amazing that you couldn't help to eat the whole bin. Sadly I think there is still a container of them in the fridge...Oops.

I waited so long to post about this that I can't even remember what recipe I used. I found one from my pinterest board but it's just a little different. However, it'd do. It's roughly the same concept minus the cookie crumbs on top.


Pumpkin Spice Truffles


Ingredients:

½ cup white chocolate chunks or chips
2 cups white chocolate almond bark (I think I used around 4-5 cubes)
1/3 cup gingersnap cookie crumbs, plus more for garnish
1/4 cup canned pumpkin purée
1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs, plus more for garnish
1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar
1/2 teaspoon orange zest
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Pinch of fine salt
2 ounces cream cheese, softened

Directions:

Melt the 1/2 cup of white chocolate chips in a double boiler over medium-low heat or in the microwave for about 1 minutes. Stir often to keep the chocolate from burning. Transfer to a large bowl. Add gingersnap crumbs, pumpkin, graham cracker crumbs, sugar, zest, cinnamon, salt and cream cheese and beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Transfer to a shallow bowl, cover and chill until just solid enough to roll into balls, about 2 hours.

Line a large sheet tray with parchment paper. Melt remaining 2 cups white chocolate almond bark and transfer to a small, deep bowl. Roll 1 heaping teaspoon of the pumpkin mixture into a ball in your hands, then drop into the chocolate. Working quickly, gently spoon chocolate over to coat. Using a small spoon or fork, lift the truffle out of the chocolate, shake off excess and transfer to prepared sheet tray. Dollop a bit of extra chocolate on any parts that remain exposed, then sprinkle a few gingersnap or graham cracker crumbs over the top, if you like.

Repeat process with remaining pumpkin mixture and chocolate, then chill truffles until chocolate is completely set, about 1 hour.








I still have a love affair with pumpkin so I haven't quite given up yet. I'll find another recipe to try :)

No comments: