12.19.2011

"The river is so high today!"

Years ago I made a comment to Gary that the river seemed really high. Perhaps I've been a little sensitive about the river since the 2008 flood. Who knows. But ever since, he LITERALLY mentions that the river looks high every time we go over the bridge. It's actually charming unless I'm not in a good mood. Then it's just annoying :)

Anyhoo, I've made it a habit to take a picture of it on my walks. It seems that no matter when I do, it is just so darn pretty. I love it. It makes those days when it's super cold out but I have no choice to walk actually nice and refreshing. I haven't had to walk in snow yet but I look forward to talking a picture of a snow/ice covered river.

Here are the pictures I've taken since being back in D-town.

NOVEMBER 1, 2011


NOVEMBER 30, 2011


DECEMBER 12, 2011



As you can see, the geese have yet to travel to warmer climates. It has been such a nice winter thus far!

No comments: