4.02.2012

Goodbye, Grandpa. We love you!

My grandpa died on Wednesday, March 28. When I found out, I was at a Mayo Clinic Health System Public Affairs training in Rochester. Needless to say, it was quite a shock (I was not in the right frame of mind to hear this news) and was really upset for awhile. I was able to get out of work that evening to digest his passing and though it took a bit, I felt okay. This is what he had wanted for some time now and to know he was no longer in pain was really comforting.

A picture of me and my cousin Jared with Grandpa Oelrich - 1989 



A picture with Grandpa & Grandma Oelrich - 2011



The blessing from his death was the surprise visit from my entire family. We don't get to spend a whole lot of time as one whole unit anymore and with Arya in the picture now, it was amazing. She is an adorable little peanut that is so sweet and calm and doesn't mind getting passed from one family member to another. I'm so happy that Gary (& others!) finally got to meet her :)






My FAVORITE PICTURE!




My SECOND FAVORITE PICTURE! :)

No comments: