4.10.2012

Not-So-Content with Boredom

I was having a really weird night yesterday. Earlier in the day I was told that the event I was scheduled to manage was canceled so I had a free night (YAY!) Sadly, I was in one of those moods where I was so bored I didn't know what to do. Continue my Grey's marathon? Nope. Watch Armageddon? Nope. Go on the computer? Nope. Eat something? Nope. Go outside? Nope. You get the idea. Nothing sounded like something I wanted to do.

I was fine with all of that except "eat something". Gary wasn't feeling well so I knew we wouldn't be eating together, but I really wanted to find something good to eat. Ramen just wouldn't do. I spent hours and hours mulling it over and absolutely nothing came to mind. I wasn't craving anything specific, just something good. At about 8:45, it hit me. Kraft Macaroni & Cheese with tuna. Oh man that really hit the spot. Clearly, that was what I was craving without even knowing it. Luckily, I forced myself to put half of it in a container so that I could eat the leftovers tomorrow (and not completely stuff myself).

After I was finished eating, I decided that being content with boredom was no longer okay. I really wanted something to do, or think or decide. I somehow landed on my blog (even though I had nothing to write) and noticed for about the 3rd time that day a new blog post by someone I follow. As fate would have it, I clicked on the link and just about peed myself. This particular post was about a free photo editing software program that suits my needs EXACTLY. It's called Pixlr. There's apparently a full version as well that is a bit more like photoshop (and it's free too) but that's way too much work for me. I just need to start using my actual camera or buy a new one. My phone is nice, but the quality still sucks.

I call that a successful night off :-)

No comments: