4.17.2014

CSA - Community Supported Agriculture

Who else is SUPER EXCITED for summer? ME!!! I cannot wait for all the fresh fruits and vegetables that come with this season. My favorite? Fresh roma tomatoes. There is honestly nothing better. Though I do get all giddy about this, I don't frequent the farmer's market much. I went a couple times in the last couple of years, how awful is that!?! A lot of it had to do with me never having the time. I always seemed to work during the limited market hours. Well not any longer! And because of this, I got way excited about purchasing a share of CSA (aka Community Supported Agriculture) here in Decorah. I heard about this program at work during one of our staff meetings and was instantly hooked. Of course, all I could think about was fresh tomatoes. If you don't believe me:




Remember those photos? Straight from (someone else's) garden!

Oh man I am beyond excited. More than that, I really want us to eat more vegetables and to possibly make Owen some homemade baby food. I hope to share with you all of our bounty from the markets and any recipes we decide to try with them.

Up next, I'll share which local business we bought our share from and what cooking classes I chose in order to get half of our dollars back. HOW AWESOME IS THAT!?!

Stay tuned!

No comments: