4.13.2014

What's for Dinner {23} - Spicy Turkey Sausage

Ok, so I didn't have this for dinner but I know that one day it will and we won't ever look back. This was perhaps one of the easiest tasty things I have ever made and can't wait to try it with breakfast, with pasta dishes, on pizza - you name it! I just finished the last of what I froze for future breakfast treats and I must say, I was really disappointed. Can't wait to make them again!

Spicy Turkey Sausage from Our Family Eats

*1 pound ground turkey
*1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
*1/4 teaspoon oregano (or to taste)
*1/8 teaspoon pepper
*pinch of salt
*add 1/2 teaspoon of any of the following according to your preference:
    --crushed red pepper flakes
    --parsley
    --thyme
    --basil
    --minced garlic
 
In a medium sized mixing bowl mix together turkey and spices with your hands until spices are distributed evenly.  
 
 
 
Divide mixture into 12 evenly sized patties.
 
 
 
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a non-stick skillet.  Add patties and cook about 3 minutes on each side, or until no longer pink.
 
To Freeze: Wrap pre-made patties tightly in plastic wrap and freeze for a quick breakfast later.  Just pop fully cooked patties in the microwave on medium heat for 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until hot.

No comments: