6.24.2016

Our Debt Reduction Update

This time last year, Gspice and I made a pretty insane awesome decision. We wanted VERY badly to be out of debt and we decided to do that as fast as we possibly could. That meant taking on a second job and Gary spending a lot of nights in with the boys all by his lonesome. You can read more about our journey here.

Our days were tough, the weeks were long, and the months slowly moved on. There were definitely times I wanted to quit and there were definitely times Gspice wanted to throw in the towel. When we were feeling weak, the other would smack the other across the head and say, WE CAN DO THIS! Okay, it didn't really go like that but we did truly work through those weak points together.

Though we aren't completely out of the woods yet, I am amazed at how far we've come in the last year. Our goal is to be debt free by the end of August and while we may not fully make it, it will be pretty damn close.

I created a fun little graphic to see our progress but I'll be honest - didn't look at this until March. 




I got really excited when I saw that we went from $50,000 to $15,000 in that time frame.
HOLY $%!#! We definitely kicked it into high gear.


And here is where we sit today. 



The $0 is in sight and we're getting there as fast as we can. I think you'll see a celebratory dinner once we get there!

No comments: