9.26.2016

Jack {18 Months!}

Jack is 18 months old. How can this be? No, seriously. How. Can. This. Be??? Wasn't he this small just yesterday?


Without a doubt, the last year and a half has gone by so fast. Too fast. I would definitely go back and slow it down just a smidge if I could. That being said, our sweet little nugget has continued to be his same sweet self. Most of the time :)

Jack's personality has grown so much. He's still super sweet and loves to see others smile but this kid has a lot to deal with - namely, his brother. Owen can be a bit of a terror to Jack. Pushing him down for no reason at all, taking away the toy(s) Jack is playing with, poking his eyeballs...you get the idea. While it makes Jack cry, I've definitely noticed a bit of defiance. Jack is starting to stick up for himself! He'll hold on to those toys for dear life! I can definitely tell that when I try to pry my phone from his little fingers!

I've also noticed that they will play together a little bit more. It's SO FUN to hear their giggling when they shuffle around. We now have a rule that if Jack is laughing when Owen sits on him, we won't intervene but if he starts to cry, then Owen has to stop. Just trying to teach them good healthy playing habits I know we'll come to enjoy in the years to come. (Help me!)

Although Jack is a pretty easy going little kid, there are times when that is most certainly not the case. When he's frustrated, doesn't want to do something, can't have what he wants; holy meltdown city! Jack physically melts to the floor. He'll even melt in the middle of the street if he doesn't want to hold our hand. I'm holding out on the hope that this will subside when Jack stops teething. We can all hope, right?

Speaking of teething, this poor little nugget is working on all four of his canines. OUCH. He fusses a bit more than usual these days but otherwise, it's been going rather well considering. Jack loves that paci though (I can understand why!) Still no sign of his upper lateral incisors.

Toddler vocabularies are really fascinating. It took Owen awhile to start saying a bunch of words but it does seem that Jack has picked up a few more words early on. He still says thank you when you give him something or do something for him which is so stinkin' adorable. Milk, ball, truck, bus, Jack, Mommy, Daddy, kitty, papa, bird, help, No!, yes, and up are a few of the others. I'm sure that I've missed some. He also likes to sing and dance too which might be the cutest thing I've seen. The Sesame Street tune comes on, he's wiggling. Songs on the radio, he's wiggling. Owen sings a song, he's wiggling. I love it!

Jack still eats like he always has. He'll eat just about anything and it often includes cramming as much food in there as possible which just freaks me out. I'm constantly telling him to chew, which he'll respond me a wide grin and placate me with a couple of chomp, chomps. One thing I'll note, Jack loves little cherry tomatoes! I have a fellow tomato lover now! Owen won't go near them so it's nice that at least one of my children likes tomatoes. I've noticed that he doesn't tend to eat all of his carrots though. Maybe it hurts his teeth. We're still working on not throwing things on the floor. We now tell both boys that we'll take their food away if they throw their food. It seems mean, but it does seem to be working. The food that ends up on the floor tends to be accidents or near the end of the meal anyway. As soon as this bad habit ends, we'll most likely move our table back out to the dining room. Can't wait to have more room in the kitchen again!

Despite how much Jack has been eating (which is a ton!), his stats didn't seem to hold up. No big deal, our boy moves around like crazy too. Luckily, this little tot still doesn't mind going to the doctor one bit. I'm hopeful that he never will :)

18-Month Appointment (9/9/2016)
Weight: 22.5 lb
Height: 30.5 in

15-Month Appointment (6/14/2016)
Weight: 23 lb
Height: 30 in

12-Month Appointment (3/7/2016)
Weight: 19 lb 15 oz
Height: 29.5 in
















No comments: