1.10.2010

Roasted Cauliflower is the bomb.

I've been meaning to try out a new recipe I found online for roasted cauliflower and I finally mustered up the motivation to do so.  Let me tell you, it was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good and really easy!

Here's the recipe:

1. Cut up a head of cauliflower into 1/4 inch slices (roughly).
2. Place large saute pan on stove over high heat.  Add 3 tablespoons of butter, 2 tablespoons of olive oil and a dollop of garlic (my dollops are quite large, but yours doesn't have to be :) ).
3. Add cauliflower and toss it around so it becomes coated with the butter and olive oil.  Cook it for approximately 10 minutes under it turns a slight brown color.
4. Turn heat to medium, tossing and let it continue to cook for 10 minutes until tender.
5. Add salt and pepper and EAT UP!

I might try roasting some cherry tomatoes and adding it to some pasta and spinach next time...........


1 comment:

Amanda said...

if you like that, try making cauliflower soup. i found an excellent recipe on thepioneerwoman.com. I ate it all and mom and dad are also going to make it.