2.13.2011

Recent Happenings

The past few weeks have been especially exciting. So exciting, in fact, that I couldn't quite put it into words until now. Gary was on my case for a new blog, but dude, I was too excited. And nervous. And anxious....

I had my 2nd interview with LMP on January 28th. I came out of the interview feeling good but also unsure of how it would turn out. I knew in my heart that I was the perfect person for the job but did they? The other person they brought in for a 2nd interview could have been just as perfect. At this point, however, there was no use for me to worry so much. If I got the position, I'd be elated but calm, and if I didn't get the position, I'd be devastated but calm. The pieces were going to fall as they might and I was going to be okay either way.

To make sure I stayed on this path of thinking, I decided to travel to Strawberry for a few days. I was able to get some laundry done (FINALLY! I hadn't done my handwashing for months. MONTHS.)


I also got to work on some DIY wedding crafts. With Bridget's help, we were able to create two of the button boutonnieres (I can finally spell this word without spell check! I am so proud of myself!) and table numbers. I can't wait to see how this looks all together.



When I returned to Decorah on Thursday, I still hadn't heard back about the position so I was resigned to the fact that I either didn't get it OR wasn't going to find out until Monday. Then, at 4:30pm, I got the call. When she said "We'd like to offer you the position" I almost didn't believe it. It took me a quick second to realize this was actually happening. Even today it hasn't quite sunk in, but I GOT THE JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!We decided that February 22nd would be my first day. Oh boy. Time to make a to-do list. First? Find an apartment.......

The next day, Gary and I got to have our dessert taste test. I was dyyyyying to try this stuff and we picked our dessert for the wedding! And guess what?? It's that same cheesecake desert that I have wanted for probably a year. I am so excited!



The following Monday-Wednesday, my mom and I traveled up to Minneapolis yet again to find myself an apartment. We viewed 5 places on Tuesday and I ended up liking the very first apartment we viewed the best. I'm still waiting to find out if my application will get accepted. I can't imagine that I wouldn't get it, but gosh, I'd be sol if I didn't...

Beyond work, that long to-do list, my bridal shower this Saturday...I've been trying my best to be very deliberate about how I spend my time, especially with Gary. We realized that the only day that we both have off from Feb 4th to the day I start work was Feb 14th. Yes, we will be celebrating, but not V-day, sorry lovers. We are celebrating our being together and having one night to ourselves before I leave. We are VERY excited. (I haven't quite decided if I'll wear a dress though. I worked in the restaurant last night as a server and I couldn't even count how many too-short dresses I saw).

To sum up, I am beyond excited but also very nervous & anxious. I know things are going to be great and everything will get done, but my mind goes on crack at night and I can barely sleep. My goal for this next week is to relax, get things done and enjoy my last week in Decorah.

Peace out.

No comments: