11.10.2011

Quick Recap

The past few days have flown on by. There has been some reshuffling at the Hotel so my hours to work have gone WAY up (which is AWESOME!!!!). I am getting plenty of hours in so that I can pay the bills but it sure does leave me tired. Yesterday was the first day that I couldn't fit in a 1.5 hour workout or reading. I decided as a compromise, I would fit in two 15 minutes sessions yesterday (completed) and try for 2 hours today. I'm currently sitting at 30 minutes. I'm thinking that I'll do some 30 minutes walk-in-place or jog-in-place sessions while watching TV. That will certainly get me there.

I also wanted to let Amanda know (I may have already but I forget :)) that I volunteered for DecorahReads! at the local public library. I found the ad for needing "buddies" on Decorahnow.com and thought, "Why not? I don't have a job!" Though I am more busy than I anticipated, I still have time to meet with my little 7th grade buddy for the next three Tuesdays. I had to go pick out my book this past Tuesday and I chose The Underneath. I haven't cracked open the book just yet but I think it's about a kitten and/or dog that kinda go out and find their way....Something like that. I'm looking forward to reading it and talking about it with my boy buddy!

Lastly, I bought tickets for Leta, Gary and myself to the 1:30p Spring Awakening show next Saturday (surprisingly enough, that is one day I don't have to work!...yet...) I am SOOO excited to see Luther's rendition of this musical. I went to it in New York 2.5 years ago (WOW that was a long time ago) and FELL SO MUCH IN LOVE it was crazy. It's a provocative, thought provoking, edgy show with cool music. Perhaps we'll hit up Ede's or the Oneota Co-op cafe before the show :)

That is all. I have to work everyday until the 17th so if I don't post for while, please forgive :)

No comments: