11.07.2011

So far so good.

Today marks one full week in Decorah and it has been nothing but good. I have returned as an employee of the Hotel, which I am actually really pleased about. I like the new management and can see bits of hope all around the place. I'm proud to be a part of it all. My only worry is that it will be part time. I haven't heard back from another part time job I applied for. It would be great for me to have both of those so I could have a solid income. However, I will take life as it comes. If I end up not getting that other job, then Gary and I will learn to budget more efficiently (which is something we should do regardless, no?)

Other things I've been working on:

1. Having a solid workout each and every day. I started Wii Fit Plus about 5 or 6 days ago. Each day, I try to put in 1.5 hours and have worked off between 230-330 calories per session. What a great way to lose those calories. I work on my balance and posture and am using muscles that I wouldn't otherwise use. In addition, I make sure to get a walk in when the weather is nice or when I have to work. Luckily for us, the weather has been aaaammmaaaazzzziiinnnggg. Gary joined me on my walk yesterday which was perfect. We've recently decided to begin the process of purchasing our first home. We are miles and miles away from that but I do have my eye on one particular home. It's in a nice neighborhood close to the high school, has a little backyard and patio, 4 bedrooms, an unfinished basement, laundry, bathroom, etc. The one part I'm not a huge fan of - the black cabinets and red back splash in the kitchen. Oh it's dreadfully awful. Everything else I see though makes up for it. Anyway, I was able to walk Gary by this house.

2. I've begun reading The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. Though only halfway through the book, I definitely recommend this to anyone. It's a very practical book and I know that if I put these habits in to place, I would become a much more effective person personally, in my home life, in my work life, etc. I probably WILL decide to buy this book to have it on reference.

1 comment:

Bridget said...

I'm glad you're enjoying Decorah!! Leta and I were just talking about reading the seven habits book...sounds like a great book!