11.25.2011

Thankful for...

I have so much to be thankful for this year. I have grown so much as an individual and am working on spreading that growth to other areas of my life - as a wife, as a sister, as a daughter, as an employee etc. I keep wanting to learn more about how to be more effective and organized and motivated - these are all good things for me right now. I am thankful for my desire to learn.

Other things I am thankful for this year:

1. Gary - he has been my rock this entire year. We've had crazy highs and crazy lows and I got through each and every one of them with him by my side. He is an amazing person that I simply would not be the same without. He inspires me to be a better person and do what is right in all situations.

2. Wii Fit - I have loved working out for much of my life but it's the lack of motivation or desire to get off my behind to do anything. I know the importance of being fit and healthy and THE easiest way for me to work off some calories is definitely Wii Fit. I have fun doing these things and it provides just a wee bit of competition (against myself) which is a mentally healthy thing to have in my brain. That competition is almost the sole reason why I keep going. Seeing progress also does that :)

3. Decorah - I adore Decorah. It is such a beautiful town with such character. I feel at home here and cannot wait to raise a family here. I love how easy it is to get from one side of town to the other, that I can walk home at night without feeling scared, that I know people around town, blah blah blah. This is SO much better than the Twin Cities!

4. The Hotel Winn - I am SO glad to be working here again. I feel appreciated and people respect and count on me. I also love that I am always moving. Not only is this a good workout, but I feel more organized when I am not constantly sitting at a desk. Having to be in multiple places on a given shift, I HAVE to be organized and on top of my game, there is no other option.

5. TV on DVD/Netflix - The TV in our room no longer works (of course!) so I am very thankful for the use of netflix and all those tv shows I have on DVD to keep me company. I would be soooo bored without them :)

6. Potatoes - I'm having a love affair with potatoes this year. So good.

7. Budgeting - Though Gary and I are still getting the hang on a solid budgeting worksheet that we follow religiously, our mindsets are on the right page. We are working diligently now to build up our savings so that we may purchase a starter home in 2012. We WILL have a starter home in 2012.

Thank you 2011 for being such a good lesson for me. I went through some really tough times but am back to my normal self plus some. I can't wait for 2012.

1 comment:

Linda Oelrich said...

I need to start thinking what i am thankful for! Probably more thatn I can write. The number ones for sure would be my husband!!! I love him dearly!!!