10.21.2012

What's for Dinner {10}

I woke up today really craving some pasta. Yeah, that's not all that unusual but I didn't want to have to go anywhere to buy ingredients so I had to use things I already had. Speaking of which, I don't have much. But alas, I figured out a good and super easy recipe that was actually pretty darn good.

Roasted Garlic, Brown Butter and Parmesan Pasta

Ingredients

* 1 lb. angel hair pasta
* 4 Tbs. butter
* 3-4 garlic cloves, crushed
* 1 - 1 1/2 cups Parmesan, shredded
* 1-2 cups water from pasta
* salt and pepper
* Italian leaf parsley - I also added this because I have a bunch leftover from another recipe

Instructions

Cook pasta according to directions. Note Before draining the pasta, dip out 1-2 cups of the water and set aside. 

Melt butter in skillet over medium heat. Add garlic to skillet. Cook several minutes until garlic is roasted and butter is golden brown in color. Remove from heat.

Add garlic butter and Parmesan to pasta. Ladle cooking water into pasta, tossing to melt cheese. Use enough water to get a creamy consistency. Season with salt and pepper.




I made a much smaller portion for myself but boy it was tasty!

No comments: