10.09.2011

Showdown

Gary and I went to a wedding yesterday for two Luther friends. It was a really lovely day outside so I was super excited. There's nothing better than a wedding on a nice, sunshine-y day. I was also excited for the fact that we didn't have to rush back to anywhere:

Aimee & Ben's wedding - July 1: I was pregnant and working long hours for LSM. We didn't make it past 8:45pm before driving back to Decorah from Rochester.

Marissa & Chad's wedding - September 17: We wanted to get to Strawberry at a relatively decent hour so we left the shindig at 10pm-ish. I was having sooo much fun so that was kinda a bummer.

Kirsten & Taylor's wedding - October 8? IN the Twin Cities and no other event preventing us from staying the ENTIRE time.....





.........we didn't make it past 10:30pm, the fault lying squarely on ME. and the beer :) I didn't get sick, but by the 6th or 7th beer, I was experiencing a wee bit of spins. If I was moving, I was completely fine, but at that point I didn't want to do anything but sleep. So we went home. At 10:30pm. Almost made it :)


The absolute best part of the day?

The Showdown with Geese. It.was.hilarious. You know how in movies, you'll see cows in the road, preventing you from continuing? That's what it was like with these geese, but they were walking sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo slowly. And then, one goose stopped, turned straight towards us and stared. And stared some more before the whole lot of them flew away.

Giggles.


No comments: